Event Director circa £50K-£60K basic (OTE £90K). Working for a fast-growing independent exhibition business. Usually based in London.
Interested? This is what you will receive:
- Work on an established show.
- Massive career development opportunity within the business due to their growth plans.
- Excellent salary and uncapped commission.
- Be part of an award-winning company.
As a business, my client operates some of the largest exhibitions in the UK and internationally and have earned additional revenue from virtual events. The organization possesses an excellent reputation in the market and has won numerous industry awards over the last few years. In addition, they have clear business objectives set out to reach over the next 5 years. Therefore this would be an excellent time to join the business as they move back to a growth phase.
About the role of an Event Director:
Our client is looking to recruit an Event Director to take full responsibility for a growing exhibition; they are currently seeing significant bookings coming in for the show next year. You would be working under the guidance of a highly experienced management team who have already grown the business significantly. You will need to focus on the revenue generation from existing customers and drive new business. Plus looking for additional sponsorship, digital and any other bespoke packages you can build to serve the customer objectives. A key characteristic for you to possess is a hunger to succeed and a desire to get involved in content and all aspects of the event.
Does your profile match up?
You should be able to demonstrate competency in the below key areas, it is not essential to meet all requirements, but priority will be offered to applications that satisfy most:
- Have successfully run exhibitions and made a difference to the events you have previously worked on.
- Experience of day to day management of the whole event team, including marketing, sales and operations.
- Managed dynamic sales teams.
- Confident in writing business plans and able to use commercial initiative to shape future events to match market demands
- Desire to exceed targets.
- Overall accountability for setting annual P & L as well as meeting and exceeding budgeted net profit.
- Ability to spot opportunities and have an entrepreneurial outlook.
- Well-trained in sales process, can lead from the front and develop people.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Sold in a B2B capacity.
- Able to understand complex topics and work out relevant content for the market.
How to apply for this Event Director role?
Our client is looking to hold interviews ASAP, if you feel this Exhibition Event Director role is something you would like to be considered for, click here to forward your CV now!